The Objectives of establishing Kaduna Polytechnic are to:
- Produce semi-skilled, skilled and technical manpower necessary to restore, revitalize, operate and sustain the Nigerian economy and substantially reduce unemployment;
- Provide trained manpower in applied sciences, technology and commerce, particularly at professional grades;
- Provide the technical knowledge and vocational skills necessary for agricultural, industrial, commercial and economic development;
- Provide people who can apply scientific knowledge to the improvement and solution of environmental problems for the use and convenience of man.
- Harmonise and interrelate with industry and the labour market to provide people with competence-based training that is relevant to the socio-economic needs of society.
- Enable young men and women to have an intelligent understanding of the increasing complexity of technology towards becoming enterprising and self-reliant.