Kaduna Polytechnic is envisioned to be a key player in the education and integral formation of professionally competent, service-oriented, principled, and productive citizens. Through its tri-fold function of teaching and training, research, and extension service, the institution aims to provide a system that is characterised by high public esteem and demand with high internal efficiency. It will be a prime mover of the nation’s socioeconomic growth and sustainable development through the provision of trained and competent manpower. The Polytechnic hopes, over the early years of this new century, to consolidate its leadership in flexible off-campus, on-campus and online learning. It will become the recognised leader in a number of highly significant research and development areas. It will achieve a totally integrated web-enhanced academic, administrative and business information system. It will become the “Polytechnic of first choice” for an increasing number of school leavers and will be identified as a prime source of web-based training and commercial expertise with a diverse international customer base.
Guided by this vision, the missions of Kaduna Polytechnic system are:
- Prepare Nigerians regardless of gender, social-economic status, creed and ethnic affiliation, to take control of their own destiny, liberating them from dependency and endowing them with initiative, creativity, critical thinking, entrepreneurial skills, democratic values and an appreciation of work and the world of work
- To educate and train Nigerians for higher productivity and responsible citizenship in an environment where educational access is equitable;
- To accelerate the development of professionals ready to meet international competition;
- To inculcate nationalism and patriotism in the hearts and minds of the students and graduates;
- To provide expanded access for lifelong learning and training.